Coordinator: Katie LeBlanc email@example.com
“If you want God to hear your prayers, hear the voice of the poor.
If you wish God to anticipate your wants,
provide those of the needy without waiting for them to ask you.”
~St. Thomas of Villanova
The dual focus of the St. Augustine Youth Ministry is SERVICE and PRAYER. We provide opportunities for all teens (grade 9-12) to grow in their faith while encouraging peer leadership within our church community through service days, service weeks, prayer nights and monthly teen Masses.
Youth Ministry Events
St Augustine teens recently participated in a week long service opportunity to various local organizations such as Lazarus House, Habitat for Humanity’s Re-Store, the Paul Center, Lawrence’s Community Day Program, and Heifer Farm in Rutland. Check out the video below for a recap of this transforming experience:
Dominican Republic Mission Trip
Next years Dominican Republic Trip is the week of February 16, 2015. There are 12 spots available for high school juniors/seniors only.
Teen Stations – check out this video
- Prayer Nights – 12 per year with specific topics and themes at each
- Monthly Teen Masses – our teens take key liturgical roles such as lectors, musicians, and hospitality ministers
- Service opportunities
- Spring Mission Trips
- Summer Mission Trips
- Weekly Random Reflections – weekly email challenge usually based on daily scripture. During lent this is a daily “email challenge”.
Leadership and Evangelization
Members of the Teen Service Teams, made up of Juniors and Seniors will be given leadership roles in assisting at the various activities. We currently have 35 teen members on the service teams. Each teen will be given a Teen Leadership T-shirt to distinguish themselves as a peer leader and will assist with:
- Prayer Nights – assistance with managing
- Service options – help as a “team leader” in guiding freshman and sophomores
- Monthly Teen Mass – taking attendance and assisting with reading and hospitality
- Week long Spring/Summer Mission Trips
- Seeking teens to assist with Religious Education classes at various grade levels