ADULTS needed to Assist with Youth Ministry: Email Katie Leblanc and she will contact you about the process to be involved! We need adults in many capacities!
Youth Minister: Katie Scanlon LeBlanc firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Youth Ministry Events
Youth Ministry Mission
“If you want God to hear your prayers, hear the voice of the poor. If you wish God to anticipate your wants, provide those of the needy without waiting for them to ask you.” ~St. Thomas of Villanova
The dual focus of the St. Augustine Youth Ministry is SERVICE and PRAYER. We provide opportunities for all teens (grade 9-12) to grow in their faith while encouraging peer leadership within our church community through UNITAS Service Experiences which include service days, service missions and immersion weeks. The teens also participate in monthly prayer nights and monthly Teen Masses.
All UNITAS Service Experiences incorporate four pillars as the focus for the week
Summer UNITAS Mission – Each summer, St Augustine teens participate in a week long service opportunity to various local organizations such as Lazarus House, Habitat for Humanity’s Re-Store, the Paul Center, Lawrence’s Community Day Program, and many more.
Leadership and Evangelization
There are many leadership roles for teens within the parish and also specifically in Youth Ministry which include:
- Lectors, Extraordinary Ministers, Altar Server, and Hospitality
- Religious Education Teachers
- Assisting at Prayer Nights and the monthly Teen Masses
- Participating in the week long mission trips
If you are a teen, and in Leadership, please pick up your Leadership t-shirt to wear when you are ministering as a teen leader in our parish.
Keep in touch – Katie sends out a weekly Random Reflections via email which is a scripture based challenge. During lent this is a daily “email challenge”. Email Katie to get on this Random Reflection List.
How You Can Help
St. Augustine Youth Ministry is always in need of help from both teens and adults. Assistance is needed in various forms such as time spent volunteering, monetary donations, and, of course prayer! Gearing up for the local Summer Mission, UNITAS, brings many expenses – especially in the area of funding the fees for our adult volunteers. The largest expense comes from the cost of staying at the Rolling Ridge Retreat Center – we need 10 adult volunteers at $450/person.
Other expenses for Unitas include:
- transportation costs for renting one or two vans. Merchants Automotive has been generous with a discount, but it still costs about $700/per van
- a few “scholarships” are needed for those students who can’t afford the full cost of the week
Our overall goal is $6000. Any help is greatly appreciated. Donations may be made in memory of someone who will be remembered in prayer at our kick-off Mass on Sunday, June 28th.
Check Out Photos and Videos from Past Activities
- http://flipagram.com/f/tSN6rJSLQN – Unitas Winter in the Dominican Republic
- https://youtu.be/PnM6U0uVJxA – Unitas Spring – the PHILLY Trip
- http://videos.real.com/v/a2hbpp-unitas-2014-service-trip – Unitas Summer
- http://flipagram.com/f/MkjUChKbgG – Unitas Day – Serving Saturday
- http://flipagram.com/f/b94svZOneO – UNITAS MOMENTS – quick service projects
- https://youtu.be/FCVhUd_LYa0 – IMEC monthly service
- https://youtu.be/q8Q5_DVkr38 – Yearly Stations of the Cross
- https://youtu.be/qLNPaZPtHFU – 2015 March for Life
- https://youtu.be/1fE3vGY8vqs – Hike for Hope
Service Hours Form – All teens in Confirmation should keep track of service hours and submit in May each year) For those who do 100 hours or MORE, we will be highlighting your accomplishments and those who do more than 500 and 1000 we will be acknowledging you as a Senior.