Youth Minister: Katie Scanlon LeBlanc, email@example.com
St. Augustine YOUTH MINISTRY —> Youth Ministry LOTS happening <—– details here
Upcoming Trips and Service Opportunities
- Donations needed for the Dominican Republic Mission trip – drop off at Parish Center anytime or at Mass the weekend of Jan 23/24. Items needed: toothbrushes, toothpaste, beanie babies, matchbox trucks, small toys. Thank you for supporting our teens in this effort
- January 23rd, 9:30am-noon – IMEC in North Andover: forms are needed by Monday, January 18th. Double hours will be given for this service. For permission form…
- January 18th, 10am-noon – help needed BEADING! We are making over 500 decade decade rosary beads for the Dominican Mission trip. If you can assist, please email Katie so that, in case of snow, I can contact you. Double hours will be given for this service.
- January 25th, 7:30-8:15pm for next Prayer Night, Year 1 – Due to exam schedule this will be a brief prayer night so that if we start right at 7:30, you will be out by 8:15. Year 2 who are low on attendance are invited to attend.
- March 21st, Teen Stations of the Cross – A prayerful presentation of the Last Steps of Christ. We are looking for 30 teens to assist with this presentation. Ten hours given for service. There is ONE MANDATORY practice on Monday, March 14th, 7pm-9pm. Email Katie if you are interested in being a part of this presentation.
- UNITAS Philly Mission Trip, April 17th– April 22nd – There are still 5 spots available for this trip during April vacation. UNITAS Philly Immersion. We will be stopping at the following colleges on the way to Philly: Holy Cross, Sacred Heart University, Fairfield, St. Joseph’s University in Philly and Villanova University. Please fill out the pre-registration form and send in your deposit to secure your spot.
- Summer Unitas Local Mission Trip, June 26th– June 30th – Still waiting on confirmation for where it will be but if you want to be guaranteed a spot, send in the form and the a deposit now.
- Augustinian Youth Encounter, July 13th– July 26th – deposits are due in two weeks. Travel Eastern Europe with other Augustinian Schools/parishes from around the world.The second week is subsidized by the Augustinian Order in Eastern Europe. Email or call Katie at 603-583-7226 for more info. For details…
- Monthly Mass – Receive training for various ministries for the TEEN MASS! receive ALL your service hours by helping out at the Monthly Teen Mass. (can you sing? maybe you want to read? help be a hospitality minister? play the guitar? Altar Serve? Eucharistic Minister? (must be Confirmed for this ministry) Contact Katie.
AND – don’t forget to sign up for RANDOM REFLECTIONS by emailing Katie. I send all updated volunteer optinos from this email list!
Hope to see some of you at these upcoming events!!
ADULTS needed to Assist with Youth Ministry: We need adults in many capacities! Details below on how to get involved. (also email Katie and she will be in touch)
Youth Ministry Mission
“If you want God to hear your prayers, hear the voice of the poor. If you wish God to anticipate your wants, provide those of the needy without waiting for them to ask you.” ~St. Thomas of Villanova
The dual focus of the St. Augustine Youth Ministry is SERVICE and PRAYER. We provide opportunities for all teens (grade 9-12) to grow in their faith while encouraging peer leadership within our church community through UNITAS Service Experiences which include service days, service missions and immersion weeks.
All UNITAS Service Experiences incorporate four pillars as the focus for the week
Summer UNITAS Mission – Each summer, St Augustine teens participate in a week long service opportunity to various local organizations such as Lazarus House, Habitat for Humanity’s Re-Store, the Paul Center, Lawrence’s Community Day Program, and many more.
Leadership and Evangelization
There are many leadership roles for teens within the parish and also specifically in Youth Ministry which include:
- Lectors, Extraordinary Ministers, Altar Server, and Hospitality
- Religious Education Teachers
- Assisting at Prayer Nights and the monthly Teen Masses
- Participating in the week long mission trips
If you are a teen, and in Leadership, please pick up your Leadership t-shirt to wear when you are ministering as a teen leader in our parish.
Keep in touch – Katie sends out a weekly Random Reflections via email which is a scripture based challenge. During lent this is a daily “email challenge”. Email Katie to get on this Random Reflection List.
How You Can Help
St. Augustine Youth Ministry is always in need of help from both teens and adults. Assistance is needed in various forms such as time spent volunteering, monetary donations, and, of course prayer!
Check Out Photos and Videos from Past Activities
- Serving Brother mailing – service day
- Unitas Winter in the Dominican Republic
- Unitas Spring – the PHILLY Trip
- Unitas Summer
- Unitas Day – Serving Saturday
- UNITAS MOMENTS – quick service projects
- IMEC monthly service
- Yearly Stations of the Cross
- 2015 March for Life
- Hike for Hope
Service Hours Form – All teens in Confirmation should keep track of service hours and submit in May each year) For those who do 100 hours or MORE, we will be highlighting your accomplishments and those who do more than 500 and 1000 we will be acknowledging you as a Senior.