Guide for Attending Mass at St. Augustine Church
Updated Thursday, January 6, 2022
In the light of spiking numbers of new COVID cases and the increase in those numbers, Cardinal Seán, the Archbishop of Boston, has put in place the safety protocols.
This revised mandate took effect the weekend of December 18/19, 2021, and expires on March 3, 2022.
- All attendees at public Masses, including wedding and funerals, must wear masks.
- Children under the age of five are not required to wear masks.
- Children under the age of two should not wear masks.
- Mass celebrants, deacons, readers, servers, choir members, and instrumentalists, will all wear masks except when they are speaking.
- All those distributing Holy Communion must wear a mask.
- There will not be any distribution of the Precious Blood.
- This sign of peace during Mass will continue indefinitely in a "touchless" manner, with a wave.
- There will be no offertory procession. Offertory contributions will be placed in baskets as one enters church.
St. Augustine Parishioners ROCK!! Your continued support via mail or online has been greatly appreciated and important for us to be able to continue to minister to our community. We have had many new signups for one-time and recurring donations.
If you would like to sign up to donate online, there are three secure options to make donations online:
securely and directly by credit card for one-time or recurring monthly donations - click on button below:
To set up recurring regular offertory electronically, visit our Online Giving site.