Liturgy, in Christian tradition, means the participation of the People of God in “the work of God” (CCC 1069) and it is the summit toward which the activity of the Church is directed; it is also the font from which all her power flows. (CCC 1074)
Liturgy is at the center of what we do and who we are. It encompasses our Eucharistic and sacramental celebrations and public prayer gatherings, through which we embody Christ’s continued loving presence.
Holy Days of Obligation
- January 1, Solemnity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God
- Thursday of the 6th Week of Easter, Ascension of the Lord
- August 15, Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- November 1, Solemnity of All Saints
- December 8, Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception
- December 25 Solemnity of the Nativity of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Whenever January 1, August 15, or November 1, falls on a Saturday or on a Monday, the precept to attend Mass is abrogated.
Weather Policy: Mass is always held as scheduled but please exercise good judgement during inclement weather before coming to church. If driving conditions are too hazardous or beyond your capabilities to safely arrive at Mass, do not risk your safety or the safety of others. For all other activities, if Andover public schools are closed or on a delay, so is the parish office.