If you are new to the parish or your child will be joining us for the first time next year, please contact the Religious Education staff to be included in our mailings.
The program begins in late September and runs through mid-April.
Schedule of Classes
During the online registration process, you may register multiple children from the same family. The schedule of classes (which will be shown on the form) is as follows:
*CLOSED CLASSES: GRADE 2- SUNDAY 10:45AM, GRADE 4- MONDAY 3:45PM, GRADE 5- SUNDAY 10:45AM, GRADE 6- SUNDAY 10:45AM AND GRADE 6- MONDAY 4PM
Grade 1 – Sundays 8:15-9:15am or 10:45-11:45am, or Tuesdays 4-5pm (all on alternate weeks)
Grades 2-3 – Sundays 8:15-9:15am or 10:45-11:45am or Tuesdays 3:45-4:45pm
Grades 4-5 – Sundays 8:15-9:15am or 10:45-11:45am or Mondays 3:45-4:45pm
Grade 6 – Sundays 8:15-9:15am or 10:45-11:45am or Mondays 4-5pm
Grades 7-8 – Sundays 9:30-11am or Mondays 6-7:30pm (alternate weeks)
Grade 9 (Confirmation 1) – Tuesdays 6:30-8pm (monthly) (see additional requirements for Confirmation students)
Grade 10 (Confirmation 2) – Sundays 1-3:30pm (including Teen Mass; monthly) (see additional requirement for Confirmation students)
Prices reflect early-bird registration and will increase after June 29th. Registering early saves you money and helps us in planning. No one will be denied participation in the program due to financial constraints. Please call the Religious Education Office to make arrangements 978-475-0050
One child $210
Two children $290
Three or more children $340
One child with parent volunteering to teach $90 ($140 with Confirmation student)
Two children with parent volunteering to teach $140 ($190 with Confirmation student)
Three or more children with parent volunteering to teach $190 ($240 with Confirmation student)
- Payment for online registration will take you to our Paypal system but you do NOT have to have a Paypal account – select the option to pay by credit card.
- All of our regular communication is via email. If your email address changes, please let us know ASAP. Some of our emails are sent via Constant Contact – please do not block or unsubscribe from this service.
- We use a text alert system for emergency class cancellation – you will be prompted to opt-in.
- A Baptismal certificate must be provided for all those enrolling in grade 1 and/or new to the program. If your child was baptized here at St. Augustine Church, please provide us with the day, month and year of the baptism.
- Classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis (grades 1-10) according to the day that ALL registration materials are received.
- Children who have completed the second grade but have not received the sacraments of Reconciliation and Holy Communion may enroll in our Sacramental Preparation program per discussion with Bridget Rao, DRE.
- Home schooling is NOT an option for First Holy Communion and Confirmation students
If you prefer a paper version of the form to mail or bring in with payment: PRINTABLE REGISTRATION FORM
Our program serves nearly 1100 students and in order to run effectively we need many volunteers. All teachers and volunteers must have completed an annual background check (CORI), signed a copy of the Code of Behavior and undergone a “one time only” Protecting God’s Children training program. Please give prayerful thought and consideration to teaching as an individual or part of a team. The Religious Education staff offers support, enrichment and teacher training. Reduced fees and a joyous sense of achievement are available to all who would like to be catechists! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email or by calling 978 475-0050.