If you are new to the parish or your child will be joining us for the first time next year, please contact the Religious Education staff to be included in our mailings.
The program begins in late September and runs through mid-April.
Registration is currently online only, see class fees below.
To assist with any financial constraints resulting from the pandemic, we are keeping our fees the same as last year. We offer a reduced-fee for early sign up by June 26th and and we also offer payment via two equal installments. If you wish to use the installment method of payment, the first payment is due at the time of registration and the second payment is due by September 26th.
2021-22 Schedule of Classes
Please note that classes for grades 1-8 are held on alternate weeks with different grades meeting on different weeks. For example, grade 1 Sunday classes will meet one week and grade 2 Sunday classes will meet the following week, etc. Confirmation classes are held monthly. Complete schedules are sent out in mid-August.
Grades 1-5 weekday classes may possibly be adjusted by 15 minutes later as the Andover public schools have introduced the new start and end schedules. We will finalize plans as we release our schedules in August.
Grade 1: Sundays- 8:15-9:15am or Tuesdays 4:15-5:15pm (alternate weeks)
Grade 2: Sundays- 8:15-8:15am or 10:45-11:45am or Tuesdays-4-5pm (alternate weeks)
Grade 3: Sundays- 8:15-9:15am or Tuesdays 4-5pm (alternate weeks)
Grades 4-5: Sundays- 10:45-11:45am or Mondays 4-5pm (alternate weeks) Grade 6: Sundays- 10:45-11:45am or Mondays 4-5pm (alternate weeks)
Grades 7-8: Sundays 9:30-11 AM or Mondays 6-7:30 PM (alternate weeks)
Grade 9 (Confirmation 1): Tuesdays 6:30-8 PM (monthly) (see additional requirements for Confirmation students)
Grade 10 (Confirmation 2): Sundays 1:30-4 PM (including Teen Mass; monthly) (see additional requirement for Confirmation students)
No one will be denied participation in the program due to financial constraints. Please email the Religious Education Office to make arrangements with Bridget Rao.
- One child $160 (after June 26- $210)
- Two children $240 (after June 26- $290)
- Three or more children $290 (after June 26- $340)
If parent volunteers to teach…
- One child with parent volunteering to teach $90 ($140 with Confirmation student)
- Two children with parent volunteering to teach $140 ($190 with Confirmation student)
- Three or more children with parent volunteering to teach $190 ($240 with Confirmation student)
- Payment for online registration will take you to our Paypal system but you do NOT have to have a Paypal account – select the option to pay by credit or debit card.
- All of our regular communication is via email. If your email address changes, please let us know ASAP. Some of our emails are sent via Mailerlite – please do not block or unsubscribe from these services.
- We use a text alert system for emergency class cancellation – you will be prompted to opt-in.
- A Baptismal certificate must be provided for all those enrolling in grade 1 and/or new to the program. If your child was baptized here at St. Augustine Church, please provide us with the day, month and year of the baptism.
- Classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis (grades 1-10) according to the day that ALL registration materials are received.
- Children who have completed the second grade but have not received the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Holy Communion may enroll in our Sacramental Preparation program per discussion with Bridget Rao, DRE.
- Home schooling is NOT an option for First Holy Communion and Confirmation students. If you choose to have your child home schooled with the coordinators permission, the fees are the same as if your child was attending classes.
- During the online registration process, you may register multiple children from the same family.
Our program serves over 800 students and in order to run effectively we need many volunteers. All teachers and volunteers must complete an annual background check (CORI), read and understand a copy of the Code of Behavior and participate in a “one-time-only” Protecting God’s Children training program. Please give prayerful thought and consideration to teaching as an individual or part of a team. The Religious Education staff offers support, enrichment and teacher training. Reduced fees and a joyous sense of achievement are available to all who would like to be catechists! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email or by calling 978-475-0050.