If you are new to the parish or your child will be joining us for the first time next year, please contact the Religious Education staff to be included in our mailings.
The program begins in late September and runs through mid-April.
Registration is currently online only, see class fees below.
To qualify for our reduced fees, you must register by July 3, 2023. We are asking for registrations to be completed online. Processing will begin July 5. All forms received after this date will be subject to our standard fees. Remember early registration helps us with planning and saves you money!! We encourage you to register even if you are unsure of your child’s other commitments
To assist with any financial constraints families might have experienced over the past year we have kept our fees at the same rate as last year and extended our reduced fee time frame payment.
A schedule has been provided to help you choose the day and time of your class – please read carefully, especially in relation to times and frequency. Some of the times and length of classes have changed.
Our program will begin in late September and run through mid-April. All detailed class schedules will be posted on the Parish website by mid-August. Please visit our website on a regular basis for updated information
2023-2024 Schedule of Classes
Please note that classes for grades 1-8 are held on alternate weeks with different grades meeting on different weeks. For example, grade 1 Sunday classes will meet one week and grade 2 Sunday classes will meet the following week, etc. Confirmation classes are held monthly. Complete schedules are sent out in mid-August.
Grade 1: Sundays – 8:15-9:15am or Tuesdays 4:15-5:15pm (alternate weeks)
Grade 2: Sundays- 8:15-9:15am or 10:45-11:45am or Tuesdays-4:15-5:15pm (alternate weeks)
Grade 3: Sundays- 8:15-9:15am or Tuesdays 4:15-5:15pm (alternate weeks)
Grades 4-5: Sundays- 10:45-11:45am or Mondays 4:15-5:15pm (alternate weeks) Grade 6: Sundays- 10:45-12 noon or Tuesdays 3:45-5pm (alternate weeks)
Grades 7-8: Sundays 9:30-11 AM or Mondays 6-7:30 PM (alternate weeks)
Grade 9 (Confirmation 1): Tuesdays 6:30-8 PM (monthly) (see additional requirements for Confirmation students)
Grade 10 (Confirmation 2): Sundays 1:30-4 PM (including Teen Mass; monthly) (see additional requirement for Confirmation students)
No one will be denied participation in the program due to financial constraints. Please email the Religious Education Office to make arrangements with Bridget Rao.
- One child $160 (after July 3rd $210)
- Two children $240 (after July 3rd $290)
- Three or more children $290 (after July 3rd $340)
If parent volunteers to teach…
- One child with parent volunteering to teach $90
- Two children with parent volunteering to teach $140
- Three or more children with parent volunteering to teach $190
- Payment for online registration will take you to our Paypal system but you do NOT have to have a Paypal account – select the option to pay as “guest” and then you are able to pay by credit or debit card.
- All our regular communication is via email. If you ever change your email, please let us know Our large group emailing will go through Mailerlite – if you wish to continue to receive important information from us, please do not block or unsubscribe from this. If you are using work email, please note that this could block Mailerlite emails. Please be sure to include all email addresses you wish us to send information to.
- We have a text alert system for emergency class cancellation – please include your cell phone number if you wish to be included in this (we find this to be the best method for emergency communication)
- A Baptismal certificate must be provided for all those enrolling in grade 1 and/or new to the program. If your child was baptized here at St. Augustine Church, please provide us with the day, month and year of the baptism.
- Classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis (grades 1-10) according to the day that ALL registration materials are received.
- Children who have completed the second grade but have not received the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Holy Communion may enroll in our Sacramental Preparation program per discussion with Bridget Rao, DRE.
- Home schooling is NOT an option for First Holy Communion and Confirmation students. If you choose to have your child home schooled with the coordinators permission, the fees are the same as if your child was attending classes.
- Classes will only take place if there is sufficient student enrollment, volunteer teachers and classroom space. Our program serves nearly 600 students and to run effectively we need many volunteers. Please give prayerful thought and consideration to teaching as an individual or part of a team. The Religious Education staff offers support, enrichment and teacher training. Reduced fees and a joyous sense of achievement are available to all who would like to be catechists!
- During the online registration process, you may register multiple children from the same family.
2023-24 Registration is open as of May 1st, 2023
Our program serves over 800 students and in order to run effectively we need many volunteers. All teachers and volunteers must complete an annual background check (CORI), read and understand a copy of the Code of Behavior and participate in a “one-time-only” Protecting God’s Children training program. Please give prayerful thought and consideration to teaching as an individual or part of a team. The Religious Education staff offers support, enrichment and teacher training. Reduced fees and a joyous sense of achievement are available to all who would like to be catechists! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email or by calling 978-475-0050.